MARKETING ACTIVITIES +
Discovering the importance of advertising and promotional activities at an early stage, the branch formed an "promotion - advertisement" department within the organization of the company. Today, Singer's advertising and promotional activities are discussed as an example in the courses delivered at business and marketing departments of some universities.
Singer became the first company to utilize the "Direct marketing" method. In Turkey, even the salespersons went to mountain villages together with instructors and technicians, who were in charge of showing and informing people on how to use Singer sewing machines, for many years.
1904 The first dealer in Turkey
Singer opened its first dealer in Turkey at İstiklal Caddesi (Street), and became the first foreign company to open a dealer and issue invoice in Turkey. Assuming the title of being the first company to utilize the "direct marketing" method, Singer went to mountain villages in Turkey, together with its salespersons, instructors and technicians, who were in charge of showing and informing people on how to use Singer sewing machines, for many years.
Singer introduces the firsts of marketing in Turkey
Singer became the first company to utilize the authorized marketing method in Turkey. Upon obtaining the consent of consumers, it paid home visits in the evenings to promote and sell its products. Singer was also one of the companies which implemented the "authorized dealer" model in Turkey. Singer was the first company to draw up user's guides, provide extensive service, initiate the practice of "Guarantee Coupon", deliver training on sewing - embroidery and introduce gas stove and oven to Turkish people in Turkey. Furthermore, Singer played a role in history of all leading garment-industry brands of Turkey.
RECORDS AT ITS
Singer achieved a sales figure of 307.8 million Dollars in 1950, marking the 100th anniversary of its incorporation.
- 1958 | Stocks of Singer started to be traded at the New York Stock Exchange.
- 1959 | Factory of Singer was established in Turkey.
- 1962 | The first zigzag machine model "206" of Singer was released to the market. Additionally; management department of the branch was relocated to RCA building in New York.
- 1965 | Touch & Sew model was released to the market. Consolidated sales reached up to 979.800.000 Dollars.
- 1966 | Consolidated sales exceeded the threshold of 1 billion Dollars for the first time, and the threshold of 2 billion Dollars in 1970.
- 1978 | The first memory sewing machine model "Touchtronic 2001" was offered for sale in the USA.
- 1979 | The global head office was relocated to Stamford in Connecticut, the neighbor of New York.
- 1985 | Singer started to manufacture Miracle Machines model suitable for all kinds of sewing needs and budgets.
- 1986 | Fashionmaker model, capable of embroidering at an advanced level, was introduced to the market.